There are different types of fruits anyone can use to make a smoothie. For example you can use blueberries, blackberries apples and pineapples. If you have a plan to make a apple smoothie. It will be a good idea to use fruits such as strawberries along with apples to prevent the smoothie from looking similar to apple sauce. Here in this section we discuss tips and ingredients to make a delicious apple smoothie.
Preparation time: 5 min
Yield: 1 serving
Utensils: Blender, Glass, Utility Knife
- 1 Fresh apple
- Low fat strawberry yogurt: 1 cup
- Frozen strawberries: 6 oz
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Ice cubes: 1 cup
Start cooking by preparing an apple by carefully peeling it with a sharp utility knife and then coring it. Make sure that you are using fresh apple and doesn’t have any spot on the surface. Moreover, be thorough while coring the apple because you will not want any seeds to be mixed into the drink. So cut the peeled apple into small pieces. You are eventually going to blend the apple pieces so there is no need to be particular about their shape.
- Add apple pieces from the preceding step, 1 cup low-fat strawberry, yogurt, 6 oz Frozen strawberries and 1 tbsp of sugar to a blender. Activate the blender and configure it to perform at medium speed. Be sure to cowl the blender’s commencing with a lid even as the substances you brought are being combined. Go away the blender running until its contents are clean and no lumps continue to be.
- Set the blender to the lowest speed and add 1 cup ice cubes, separately. Permit one ice dice to blend and then put another one. As you add the ice, the apple smoothie will become thicker. Test to peer if greater ice cubes are required.
- When you are glad with the thickness of the apple smoothie, empty the contents of the blender in a tumbler and serve the drink, while it is chilled.
Image courtesy of: skinnyms.com, wp.com.